income tax click now

Query 1]

How can a NRI British citizen residing in London can apply for a PAN card from here itself? What are the documents required? Can you help me in this
regard? []


Step by step instructions for getting PAN CARD from abroad are as under:

  1. Log on to “ ”
  2. Scroll down to the lowest bottom of the page where you will see:
    ‘Apply for a new PAN Card’
  3. Select Individual from the drop down menu bar.
  4. Application for PAN Card Form No. 49A will open.
  5. Fill in the form. Read Guidelines on filling form and Instructions on filling form if you wish. When filling in the address make sure it is the same overseas address that is shown on your bank statement.
  6. Do not fill an Indian address.
  7. Once the form is filled, review it to ensure everything is correctly filled and click “submit” button.
  8. An acknowledgement will appear on the screen if form was submitted correctly.
  9. Print out at least two copies of the acknowledgement. (One copy is for your record)
  10. Paste your photo on one of the printouts of acknowledgement and sign in black ink.
  11. Sign on all pages of the photocopies of your passport and your bank statement.
  12. Mail all documents to NSDL, PAN unit along with a DD of Rs. 744/- payable at Mumbai, drawn in favor of ‘NSDL – PAN’, at the following address:
    ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit, National Securities Depository Limited, 3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune – 411045′.
  13. You can track the status of your application by using your acknowledgement


Query 2]

I am a senior citizen and filing my income tax return regularly since last 20 years. I may not be able to file my return this year as I will be going out of station. What can be done in such a situation? Please guide me in this matter. Can I send my return by Registered Post to my Assessing Officer? []


You need not worry now. Filing income tax return is now just a click away. You can e-file your return of income from any corner of the globe by logging in “”. If the return is e-filed by you without attaching a digital signature, then ensure to forward the hard copy of the acknowledgement duly signed by you at “Income Tax Department-CPC, Bag No. 1, Electronic city post office, Bangalore-560100”. Wish you a happy journey.


Query 3]
I have taken house loan from SBI jointly with my Brother. Till this year, we both were claiming tax rebate in 50:50 ratio. This year, my company refused to give rebate to both & suggested to take rebate for any one as we both are working in same company. Whether this is correct? Kindly suggest. []

Deduction u/s 24(b) towards interest on borrowed capital & u/s 80C towards principal repayment of housing loan is available to the owner of the house property. If both of you jointly OWNS the house property then deduction u/s 24(b) & u/s 80C cannot be denied. If the company refuses or doesn’t consider the deduction while working out Tax Deducted at Source from your salary income, you can claim the said deduction u/s 24(b) or u/s 80C while filing your income tax return.


Query 4]
My mother has a fixed deposit in SBI. TDS is being deducted on the interest Income earned on such FD. My mother is having no other income. Bank is asking for form 15G/15H for avoiding TDS. I want to know how I can get these forms? []


You can get the forms by logging in at “”

income tax click now