Suggestion on GST Amnesty Scheme 2023 BJP Professonal Cell Mumbai
Smt Nirmala Sitharaman Madam
Honble Finance Minister
Representation to Finance Minister
First of all we express our sincere thanks to consider our request and brought out very bold and beautiful amnesty scheme 2023 for settlement of dues under the earlier laws.
Your good self is aware that there is large number of appeals pending before the first and second appeal stage.
The settlement Act provides for the grant of relief to the orders passed during the amnesty period.
In order to attract large number of persons to take benefit of the Act it is most important to dispose cases in appeal expeditiously.
We hereby give our Suggestions for early disposal of appeals
1. All appeals filed against export orders to be remanded back for fresh hearing by amending the law.
2. Appeals filed against disallowance of forms to be remanded back to the officers for allowing forms. Amnesty may be allowed for the balance amount of dues.
3. Appeals filed by the department in High Court or SC may be withdrawn by amending the act with a condition to keep law point open in future cases.
4. All disputes between the departments of government may be resolved by the high power committee
5. No of appellate authorities may be increased so that large number of appeals could be decided during the Scheme. For that purpose Separate posts may be created for disposing appeals filed under the GST Act.
6. Appeals may be allowed to be continued by paying tax full and amnesty may be granted for the interest and penalty. Such appeals may be disposed within six months.
7. Partial withdrawal of appeal may be allowed. Those appeals may be disposed of within six months.
8. All appeals filed to claim refunds to be decided before September 23
10. Target should be zero pendency March 24.
Hope this will help the department and the Government to achieve the desired objective of the settlement Act and also generate the additional revenue.
We request your good self to give us some time to explain the above personally.
BJP PROFESSIONAL CELL
CA SHAILESH R. GHEDIA
CA JANAK WAGHANI CA MANISH GADIA
Vice President Vice President
CA SACHIN MEHAR CA SANJAY GAJRA
President: N/E DISTPresident: Mulund Vidhansabha
CA TEKCHAND GUPTA CA MANMOHAN SHARMA
Secretary President: Jogeshwari Vidhansabha