Register on the e-Filing Portal: For Tax Deductor and Collector
Step 1: Go to the e-Filing portal homepage, click Register.
Step 2: Click Others and select the Category as Tax Deductor and Collector.
Step 3: Enter the TAN of the Organization and click Validate.
Step 4a: If TAN is available in the database, registered with TRACES and the registration request is not raised already and pending for approval:
- Click Continueto view the Basic Details
- The basic details are pre-filled. Click Continue.
Step 4b: If TAN is available in the database, but not registered with TRACES and registration request is not raised already and pending for approval:
- Click Continue to view the TRACES
- Click Register with e-Filing on TRACESto view the Basic Details
- Enter the basic details as required and click Continue.
Note: You first have to first register on TRACES. From there, you will be taken to the e-Filing Registration page on clicking Register with e-Filing.
Step 4c: If TAN is available in the database, registration request is raised already and pending for approval:
- An error message is displayed and you can choose to withdraw the registration process.
Step 5: Enter the details of the person making payments or collecting tax and click Continue.
Step 6: Provide the contact details including Primary Mobile Number, email ID and Postal Address. Click Continue.
Step 7: Two separate OTPs are sent to your primary mobile number and email ID as entered in Step 6. Enter the separate 6-digit OTPs and click Continue.
- OTP will be valid for 15 minutes only
- You have 3 attempts to enter the correct OTP
- The OTP expiry countdowntimer on screen tells you when the OTP will expire
- On clicking Resend OTP, a new OTP will be generated and sent
Step 8: On the Verify Details page, review the details provided, edit the details if necessary, then click Confirm.
Step 9: On the Set Password page, enter your desired password in both the Set Password and Confirm Password textboxes, set your personalized message, and click Register.
Do not click Refresh or Back.
While entering your new password, be careful of the password policy:
- It should be at least 8 characters and at most 14 characters
- It should include both uppercase & lowercase letters
- It should contain a number
- It should have a special character (e.g. @#$%)
A success message is displayed along with the transaction ID. Please keep a note of the Transaction ID for future reference. The registration process is complete upon receiving approval from the competent authority.