Password to open various documents from income tax portal
There are different Password for different documents of the income tax department. It is difficult to remember which password is applicable for which file.
Here is a compilation of passwords required for opening various documents (Like Justification Report, TDS Certificates ZIP File, Conso File, 26AS document) under the income tax department.
FOR INCOME TAX
- For Opening ITR-V/Acknowledgement: PAN NO. Along With Date Of Birth In Lower Case(EXAMPLE: abcp1234d08081997)
- For Opening Form 26AS: Date Of Birth (Example: 08081997)
- For Opening Any Intimation/Order: PAN NO. Along With Date Of Birth In Lower Case (Example: abcp1234d08081997)
- For 26AS: Date Of Birth (Example: 08081997)
- For Extracting Justification Report: JR_TAN_FORMTYPE_QUARTER_FINANCIALYEAR (EXAMPLE: JR_ABCD12345E_26Q_Q3_2016-17)
- For Extracting Conso File: (Example: ABCD12345E_49103541)
- For Extracting TDS Certificates ZIP File: TAN In Upper Case (Example: ABCD12345E)
- For Opening TDS Provisional Receipt/Acknowledgement: TAN No. In Lower Case (Example: abcd12345e)
Further, the 26AS can be converted from text file to excel file as well by following the procedure given below:
- Open The Text File
- Select CTRL+A & Copy All The Data
- Create A New Excel File And Paste The Data On Excel File In First Coloumn.
- Go To Data Tab⇒Click On Text To Columns⇒ Delimited ⇒ Others: “^” ⇒ Next & Finish
- Form 26AS Will Be Available In Excel File.
- Text file of justification report can be converted in excel through TRACES justification report generation utility which can be downloaded from traces from the requested downloads tab.
- Similarly, text file of TDS certificates can be converted into PDF through TRACES PDF CONVERTER which can be downloaded from traces from the requested downloads tab.