1,592 total views
Fifth list of Income Tax Officer compulsory retired by the Government
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has compulsorily retired yet another 21 Group B officers of the rank of ITO today under Fundamental Rule 56 (J) in the public interest, due to corruption and other charges and CBI traps. With this till now 85 officer including 64 high ranking tax officers, in which 12 officers were from CBDT, have been compulsorily retired under Fundamental Rule 56(J) in this year. It is in line with what of the Hon’ble Prime Minister has said in his address to the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort and also in his interview to a major economic daily in which he has said, “some black sheep in the tax administration may have misused their powers and harassed taxpayers, either by targeting honest assesses or by taking excessive action for minor or procedural violations. We have recently taken the bold step of compulsorily retiring a significant number of tax officials, and we will not tolerate this type of behaviour.” Details of present cases are as below:
- Smt. Ch. Rajasiri, ITO (IAP), Rajahmundry: Illegal gratification, caught while receiving Rs.1,50,000/-. She holds assets disproportionate to her known sources of income in the name of herself and her family members.
- B. Srinivasa Rao, TRO-1, Visakhapatnam: Demanding and accepting of illegal gratification. Trapped by CBI, recovery of Rs.75,000/- from Office in addition to the amount of Rs. 30,000/- during the trap operation.
- G. Venkateswara Rao, ITO, Ward-12(1), Hyderabad: Demanding and accepting illegal gratification and defrauding in a clandestine manner.
- P. Venkateswara Rao, ITO, MSTU, Vishakapatnam: Demanding and accepting illegal gratification of Rs. 65,00,000/-.
- Smt. Lakshmi Neeraja, ITO: Demanded and accepted bribe of Rs. 20,000/-.
- Vinod Kumar Pal, the then ITO, WARD-2(1), HAZARIBAG: CBI trap case and illegal gratification.
- Tarun Roy, ITO, HAZARIBAG: CBI trap case and illegal gratification.
- Mrs. Preetha Babukuttan, ITO, ITO 31(1)(2), Mumbai: The officer abused her official position, demanded and accepted Rs.75,000/- as illegal gratification. CBI Trap case.
- Vijay Kumar Kohad, ITO, (Now posted as ITO,ITAT Mumbai): CBI Case, Illegal gratification demand.
- T.V. Mohan, ITO, (Now posted O/o.CIT-14, Mumbai): The officer was caught by the team of CBI while demanding and accepting the illegal gratification of Rs 4,50,000/-. Abused his official position to demand illegal gratification and receipt thereof.
- Anil Mallel, ITO, Thane: Shri Anil Mallel entered into a conspiracy with Sh. Pankaj Garg Addl. CIT, Range -2, Thane, to demand and obtain illegal gratification. CBI Trap case – found in possession of Rs. 2,75000/-. He has acquired immovable and movable assets worth Rs. 40,33,740/- in the name of himself and his wife.
- Smt. Madhavi Chavan, ITO, Thane: Abused her official position and demanded illegal gratification of Rs. 6 lakhs. Subsequently was caught red handed while accepting bribe.
- M.D. Jagdale, ITO, (Now posted at ITO(HQ), O/o Pr. CIT-1, Nagpur): Professional misconduct, entered into a criminal conspiracy to obtain illegal gratification and demanded a sum of Rs. 2 lakhs. CBI case.
- Rajendra Singhal, ITO (Tech)-2, Rajkot: Demanded and accepted illegal gratification of Rs. 1.5 lakh. CBI trap case. Found in possession of unaccounted cash of Rs.1883640/- and Rs.144500/- was recovered by CBI during search from his bank locker.
- J.B. Singh, ITO, Gujarat: Illegal gratification, CBI trap case.
- R K Bothra ITO, Now TRO, O/o.Pr.CIT-1, Jodhpur: Illegal gratification. CBI Trap case. Professional misconduct: He acted in a manner detrimental to the proper functioning of the I-T dept and its internal discipline and attempted to bring outside influence to bear upon his superior authorities in violation of Rule 20 of CCS (Conduct) Rules.
- R.S. Sisodia, the then ITO, TDS-II, Jodhpur: CBI case. Demanded and accepted illegal gratification.
- KL Meena, the then ITO, Ward-1, Sawai Madhopur: Demanded and accepted illegal gratification. CBI case.
- Shri H. K. Phulwaria, the then ITO Ward-1(3), Bikaner: Intentionally participated and aided in facilitating illegal gratification of Rs. 50,000/-. CBI Trap case.
- Ajay Vireh, ITO, Ujjain: CBI case. Criminal conspiracy. Demanded illegal gratification. During CBI raid he absconded and later surrendered before Hon’ble CBI Court, Indore.
- R.C. Gupta, ITO, Under suspension, Bhopal: CBI case. Illegal gratification.