196 Income Tax Return per second – Time to believe Incredible India
Recent statistics of Income Tax return filing shows a promising figure as under:
- Total Returns recd till 31st Aug19 : 5.65 Cr (compared to 5.42 Cr last Fin Yr.)
- Total filing received on 31/8/19 49,29,121 (nearly 50 L Returns filed- Highest till date.
- Zero issues reported and smooth functioning throughout the peak period_
- Highest Returns received per *hour:- 3,87,571*
- Highest per *minute:-7,447*,
- Highest per *second:-196*.
Its not only a new records but also a new benchmark for the country.
An important question emerges now is, where are GST Administration ?
All are well versed that the GST website crashes and result in system failure.
Is there anything to be learned from the income tax department who has moved form 100% manual to almost 100% e-mode within a short span of time and that too without causing any trouble to the taxpayers.
All GST practitioners in India have faced enormous problem not from the law but from the system. GST Taxpayers are the worst affected citizens in the country in the last one year.