1,362 total views
Let us not complain about GST system
Name : CA Monika Rathi
Author is practicing Chartered Accountant, And currently associated as a partner in SSRPN & Co.
Let us not complain about GST system
- If Due date for filling GSTR-1 is extended then whether it is really helpful?
- Is Government solely responsible for GST Infrastructure failure?
- There is no responsibility on the part of Taxpayers?
- How can we solve such problem together?
Friends, we all know that “taali ek haath se nahin bajti”, it takes both hands to clap. Then is it fair to blame only the Government? Let us look into the matter in little more detail.
1) If Due date for filling GSTR-1 is extended then whether it is really helpful?
If Government extends the due date of GSTR-1, then it is painful for everyone. Because, due date extension is just temporary relief for all. But, if we think about its implication then it is beyond imagination. It indirectly affects all other compliances other than GST like TDS, PF, GSTR-3B (summary of Return) which will create pressure on taxpayer, Professional, Accountant & All.
2) Is Government solely responsible for GST Infrastructure failure?
Government has done various amendments to ease compliance procedures for taxpayers but it seems tax payers are not satisfied and keep on demanding for more and more. If we see after GST implementation, Government makes lots of changes in GST implementation like
- Government deferred RCM under section 9(4) till March 2018,
- Also deferred GSTR-2 & 3,
- Changes in composition Scheme,
- Changes in rates of GST
- Facilitates Quarterly Return filling of GSTR-1 if turnover is below Rs 1.5cr and so on….
As a taxpayer, if we file Return before Due date instead of waiting till last date then to a great extent, we avoid the last minute problems like the message shows on portal
- Unable to Generate summary please wait,
- ”Access Denied”
- Check some validation error (while offsetting liability)
We, as taxpayers, should also know about our responsibilities. We at our end can also support Government for successful implementation of GST.
3) There is no responsibility on the part of Taxpayers?
The common question come across to professional whenever the data is called from Client /Accountant regarding Returns filling purpose, then common Question ask by Taxpayers
” WHAT IS LAST DATE for filling this Return?”.
It is really a worthy Question?
Is it really necessary to wait for the last moment to file the return? We can file the return as soon as it’s ready; there is absolutely no need to wait for the due date.
As a taxpayer, really we have no responsibility on our part? If taxpayer pays taxes on real time basis then Government can effectively use such funds for Nation Building.
Now, we all know how GST returns are to be filed and what are the requirements for the returns. So, we should compile the data for the month as per GSTR1, GSTR2 and GSTR3B immediately on going process.
4) How can we solve such problem together?
We can take following effective measures:
- Use Proper Software for accounting purpose.
- Maintenance of Proper books of Accounts.
- Accounting should be done on daily basis.
GST right now is like a new born baby. You cannot simply expect a baby to walk and run immediately. How can we expect GST to be all ready immediately? We need to have patience and support for implementation of GST as its going to benefit all in future.
– CA Monika N Rathi
Disclaimer: Author of this write up intends to impart the knowledge of the amendment made by the Government regulatory and step taken to ease the compliance. Author is nowhere liable for any damage or indirectly and it is advisable to the viewers to consult their professional expertise to seek the advice.