1,675 total views
An apt Memorandum on the problem being faced in relation to New Income Tax Portal by Chartered Accountants Association, Jalandhar
Chartered Accountants Association, Jalandhar has given an apt representation on the issue faced in the new income tax portal. The same is as under:
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS ASSOCIATION
(C R Building, Model Town Road, Jalandhar)
For correspondence care:- CA. Ashwani Jindal, General Secretary,
498-LA, Model Town, Near Geeta Mandir, Jalandhar
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile 9876063350
July 17, 2021
Honorable Minister for Finance
Govt. of India
Sub: Memorandum on the problem Being faced in relation to New Income Tax Portal
We would like to bring to your kind notice that Chartered Accountants Association is representing Chartered Accountants is a constituent body under the Societies Act. The functions of the Association include holding of talks, workshops, seminars and conferences on topics of professional interest with a view to help the members keep themselves abreast of the developments in the fast changing scenario, to represent members before various authorities etc.
While we are proud of Your Honor as our Union Finance Minister for steering our economy so well even amidst & post-Covid difficult financial situation, we would like to bring to your kind notice the problems being faced with respect to the New Income Tax Portal through this Memorandum.
Our Association would like to invite your considerate intervention for resolving the following issues regarding New Income Tax Portal;
- The Income Tax Return for the AY 2021-22 cannot be filed through any software or directly by uploading SON file because this functionality has not been enabled at the Income Tax Portal. Due to this, the Public at large, who are applying for/ renewal of its Bank Loans, for applying tenders to various organization and for applying visa for going abroad etc. arc facing lot of problems.
Further, validation errors in Income Tax Return filing utility are not being resolved. Certain information not getting prefilled such as Bank interest and dividend and differences arc appearing in TDS information prefilled and that appearing in FORM 26AS.
Further, returns for A.Y. 2021-22 which are uploaded through utility available at the c-filing site arc unable to e-verified by the aadhar or any other OTP.
- The department has still not issued Schema (Electronic Form) of the various Income Tax Return Forms i.e. ITR-2, ITR-3, ITR-5, ITR-6 & ITR-7 even after the passing of 3.5 months of the year.
- The Electronic Forms i.e. Form 3CA-3CD and form 303-3CD for Audit u/s 44AB of the Income Tax Act, 1961 are still not available at the Income Tax Portal.
- Many Income Tax Returns for the Assessment Year 2020-21 arc not being processed. Due to which Income Tax Refunds arc pending with the department even after more than 6 months of filing of Income Tax Returns and thereby the assessee are facing Liquidity Issues.
- The Form No. 15CA and 15CB which are required for remittance of funds out of India have not been enabled at the Income Tax Portal.
- Digital Signatures of the assessee are not getting properly updated at the Income Tax Portal and is subject to repeated glitches.
- There is very slow speed of uploading replies/submissions at e-proceeding portal of the c-filing site. Sometimes replies uploaded are not reflected at the Income Tax Portal.
- Forgot Password facility is not working properly. There is no Forget Password option to reset the password or the option to reset using the DSC as was available. Accounts are getting blocked on entering incorrect password for three times.
- Income tax returns in response to notices Ws 148 of the Income tax Act (Reassessment of Income) is not getting uploaded at the e-filing site. Further, these returns arc to be filed within 30 days and 30 days arc already over but still the portal is not working.
- The assessees are not able to file the form no. 35 i.e. regarding filing of appeal before Hon’ble CIT (Appeals) as there are some technical glitches. Either the form is not uploaded at the portal or data already submitted stands deleted. Further, not able to add authorised representative in Filing of Appeals.
- Already filed appeals which have been partly heard, written submissions of the same are not reflecting at the Portal. Further in some old cases, remand reports arc pending and the same are not being reflecting at the Portal. Rather such old Written Submissions arc being called time and again.
- Assesses arc not able to download Intimations u/s 143(1) from the income tax portal for any year.
- Assesses arc not able to download receipts of any forms already uploaded at the Income tax site.
- Old Rectification Applications. Ws 154 which are pending are not reflecting at the portal.
- Form 10A and 10B for registration of Charitable Institutions are still not available at Portal.
- Legal heir of deceased assessee is not able to get himself register for filing of ITR, Submissions or appeal.
- Applications filed for low deduction Ws 195(2)/197 are not getting reflected at the Income tax Portal.
- Income tax department (faceless assessment unit) has imposed Penalties in many cases inspite of the fact of non-working of the Income tax site from 1st June, 2021 onwards.
- Taxpayers are facing problems in updating their profiles to 100% level due to which the taxpayers arc unable to access some of the features of the website.
- Activation emails remain undelivered in case of Registration of new PAN/TAN on the portal.
- Facility of Know Your TAN is not properly activated, due to which Trade Name behind the Individual TAN is not traceable for TDS as appearing in 26AS.
Besides the above issues, taxpayers are not able to access old records and also there are other anomalies in past tax records.
Chartered Accountants Association