GST Registration cancelled – How to revoke it?
There is a procedure to revoke the GST number which is already cancelled. It can be done within 30 days from the date of issuance of Cancellation Order at the GST Portal.
For revoking the cancellation done, one need to log in at the portal and has to follow following simple sequential steps:
- Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
- Login to the GST Portal using your earlier login credentials (i.e. credentials using which you were logging into the GST Portal earlier).
- Click Services > Registration > Application for Revocation of Cancelled Registration option.
- In the Reason for revocation of cancellation field, enter the reason for revocation of cancellation of registration.
- Click the Choose File button to attach any supporting document.
- Select the Verification checkbox.
- In the Name of Authorized Signatory drop-down list, select the name of authorized signatory.
- In the Place field, enter the place where the application is filed.
Note: You can click the SAVE button to save the application form and retrieve it later.
- Click the SUBMIT WITH DSC or SUBMIT WITH EVC button.
However application for revocation is subject to acceptance or rejection by the GST Official.