Key decisions in GST Council Meeting on 22nd December.discussion
1. Slimming of the 28% GST Slab-
a) Cement is expected to move down from 28% to 18%
.b) Computer Monitor
.c) Power Banks.
d) Third Party Vehicle Insurance
e) Automobile Tyres.
2. Rate Cuts in the Housing Sector- GST rates for real estate to be brought down from 12% to 8%.
3. Further simplifying the Annual Returns i.e. Form GSTR 9.
4. Driving the completely online refunds process.
5. Decision to be taken on introducing Sugar Cess and Exigency / Disaster Cess based on the reports submitted by the sub-committees formed for analysing the same.
6. Deliberations on bringing Petrol and Diesel in the GST fold.